Everyone seems to have a podcast these days, and with good reason! There are more than 700,000 active podcasts, and about 32% of the U.S. population have listen to at least one every month. Naturally, some business leaders have embraced the podcasting format to share their entrepreneurial know-how with the masses.
We’ve sorted through some of the greatest ones, and compiled our 5 favorites. These podcasts will help you hone your vision, build your brand, enhance your sales strategy, and more. Keep reading to check out our picks.
1. Eventual Millionaire with Jamie Masters
Jamie Masters hopes to inspire all you dreamers with her podcast Eventual Millionaire. She’s a lifelong overachiever who worked 60 hours a week to make money before burning out and falling in debt. She learned that she’d rather work on what she loves, and the money came later. Her podcast is all about how doing work that you’re passionate about will lead to happiness (and potentially a fortune).
We’re bringing you musical inspiration too
- Entrepreneur Dina Dwyer Owens talks about creating clear values for your work and family. She adds that training your employees to adopt these values is vital.
- Fearless Living Institute founder Rhonda Britten experienced a horrible tragedy as a child. She overcame that experience and now teaches how you can transform fear into freedom.
- Humanitarian and early riser Robin Sharma dishes on how you can identify and customize your personal development based on your personality and preferences.
2. Youpreneur with Chris Ducker
In Youpreneur, Chris Ducker teaches you how to build, develop, and grow your personal brand. The idea here is to magnify your authenticity. What can you bring to the table that stands out, and how can you capitalize on that quality through your business? The podcast is a must-listen for all freelancers and small business owners.
- The Top 12 Tips for Entrepreneurial Success episode teaches you to manage your time, organize your tasks, learning to “pivot,” and more.
- Check out Hitting the Pause Button and Planning for Growth to learn how living a balanced life and taking the occasional break can fuel your growth.
- How to Build Your Personal Brand Business Better Than Ever! is all about getting outside of your comfort zone and learning to say “no.”
3. Accelerate! with Andy Paul
Sales guru Andy Paul passes on the leadership traits you need to boost your sales numbers in his podcast Accelerate!. He shares the personal and professional skills one has to develop to level up their sales strategy. The podcast focuses on the entirety of the sales ecosystem, from finding leads, getting more accounts, and closing more sales.
- Bill Eckstrom and Sarah Wirth, industry veterans and co-authors of a sales coaching book, shed light on how great leaders bolster their performances and achieve sustained growth.
- Shawn Finder, CEO of sales automation software Autoklose, talks about the automation of the sales process, and how there’s no substitute for the personal touch.
- Bill Wilson is the CEO at Sales Right & Co., offering transparent pricing for B2B SaaS. He talks about how you can win by letting the customer elaborate on what they want.
4. Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas
The award-winning podcast Entrepreneurs on Fire is all about shining a spotlight on entrepreneurs who are HOT right now. John Lee Dumas asks these leaders about the mindset you need to succeed and the business strategies that helped them reach the top. Many of these entrepreneurs started small, building their organizations from the ground up.
- LegalZoom founder Brian Liu talks about the importance of creating a stable business before hiring a lawyer. His company helps businesses find attorneys.
- Marisa Murgatroyd, who’s revamping online education, shares the importance of focusing on your audience’s needs to help your business take off.
- Kim Constable was broke and had no following before launching a successful fitness business. She talks about how far believing in your product can take you.
5. How I Built This with Guy Raz
If you’re looking for inspiration, look no further. How I Built This with Guy Raz focuses on entrepreneurs who built groundbreaking products that ushered in new movements in a variety of industries. And these guys made it big. NPR correspondent Guy Raz interviews these business owners on the story behind their brands, and the decisions they made to build empires.
- Tristan Walker on how a bad shaving experience propelled him to create razors for men of color through Bevel. He then became Procter & Gamble’s first black CEO.
- Andy Puddicombe and Rich Pierson dish on how being a Buddhist monk and burnout respectively led to Headspace, a guided meditation app.
- Katrina Lake reveals the social experiment that led to Stitch Fix. The apparel service that does the shopping for you with items that match your style and personality.
You can make it as an entrepreneur or freelancer–we have no doubts about that. These five podcasts can help you develop the tools and skills you need to crush it as a small business owner. From improving your sales strategy to enhancing your business knowhow, there’s plenty to be learned from listening to these podcasts.